Sunday, May 1, 2011

And, We’re Back

After two long days of driving (a hint for travelers: never plan a drive in Italy on the Tuesday after Easter Monday. Easter Monday is a holiday, making it an automatic three-day weekend, or longer as kids get the week before off from school. Which means that Tuesday is insane with traffic. Our 4-1/2 hour drive that day ended up being 8-1/2 hours. So, unless you like being in gridlock on the A1 highway, skip driving that day. Rant ended), and one long day of flying, we made it back from San Martino to Seattle, from our seven-month house in the country to our house in the city. I have to admit, even with seeing my awesome nephews and family, as well as awesome pals Jeremy, Meg, and Beatrix in the first two days back, I’m a little homesick for Italy. But I’m also glad to be in sunny (today, at least) Seattle, and can’t believe what an amazing pre-tirement Nat, I, and the dogs had over in Italy. It was so amazing that if any readers of the Six Months in Italy blog come back even after we’ve returned, you’ll find more pics and such up here, as I plan on posting at least for a little while longer, at least so I can show off more shots of places and pastas and other tasty items. Heck, I can’t wait myself to go through all the photos, and to go back through this very blog, to remember how amazing it was (and maybe to dream about our next trip). For now, though, I’d better go mow the lawn:

5 comments:

  1. Welcome back stateside, AJ! Glad to hear you all made it back safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! Would love to see you soon. Now mow that lawn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, thanks to both. It's a bit of a hard adjustment, but I'm hanging in there (if only the wine here were cheaper, it would help).

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's no Umbrian villa, but dang, cute house.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah shucks, thanks Juan. It isn't bad at all I must say. And full of dogs and booze.

    ReplyDelete